Sunday, March 14, 2010

3.14159265...

Happy Pi day! (If you don't get it, check the date. If you still don't get it, well, you might want to review your basic algebra)

I know, I know, that's cheezy. If you love me, you'll put up with it. :)

I apologize for not posting last week. Since I started doing AWANA's on Sunday evenings, it's been harder to find time to blog. AWANA has been great. I've been assigned to work with the 8-9 year old girls and I adore them. They are so sweet and so much fun. I had one girl name her stuffed animal after me last week :). Last week I also worked in the toddler room during service. I've missed little kids; it's so great just to be able to play with them. I'm thankful that God has given me these opportunities to get involved in the church. I would like to eventually work with the youth group, but I don't think He's leading me to that door yet. For now I am very content with the work He has given me to do.

Speaking of work, I made it through all the work of the past two weeks!!! Through God's grace He brought me through midterms successfully. I did very well on my lit midterm, and I haven't gotten my other grades back quite yet. Whatever happens, I know I did my best and the results are all up to God and for His glory. I have very few assignments due between now and Spring Break, so the challenge will be to discipline myself to get ahead and knock out a few papers. Hopefully I can get enough done that I don't die when Spring Break is over (that would be bad, because if I died I would miss the pleasure of going home).

We had a three day weekend this week which the school dubbed "March Break." Basically, it's so we can all actually SLEEP after enduring midterms. On Thursday night, my roommates, two of our friends, and myself went to see Alice in Wonderland. The movie itself was alright; whimsical and pretty, but lacking substance. But the theatre was adorable. It was in the historic district of Leesburg. It's little-tiny, with only two screens. What made it even better is that we found out that tickets are $3 on Thursday :). After the movie we went to McDonald's and had shamrock shakes. Okay, so maybe going to a movie and then McDonald's doesn't exactly sound like a "night out on the town" to you. But for me, just getting off campus is thrilling. And to discover new places and just have fun with good friends is a blessing. I didn't do anything else terribly exciting this weekend, but it's been good to catch up on school and work at a slower pace.

God's been teaching me a lot lately as I've had emotional ups and downs. Mainly God is pointing out my self-centeredness in everything from how I spend my time to who I talk to and where I sit. I've been thinking about what introvert I am. I've always know that I'm an introvert, and it's never really bothered me, nor did it ever occur to me that I could change that. But if being an introvert means that you're always looking inward at yourself, than it's really a selfish perspective. If I'm always looking at myself, then I'll feel awkward or nervous about how a present myself, what people think of me, and what my reputation is. It's all about me, and there's very little love or energy left to care for or notice others, unless it will help my reputation. To "die to self" means that I live not for me, but for Christ. And through Christ, I live for others. I should be my last concern.

Anyway, these are some of my thoughts lately. Any prayers for God to continue to convict me of and teach me this lesson would be appreciated. I'll try to let you know what God does with it. As always, I would love to hear from any of you about what's going on in your lives and what I can pray for. May God richly bless you this next week, and may you share those blessings with others.

Until next time,
Carissa ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment