Sunday, February 28, 2010

God gives good gifts to His children

Hello everyone!

It's getting late and I have midterms next week, so this is going to be a short little post. I just want to share that God is a loving God, and He delights in giving us gifts. He can give us a wide variety of gifts, but this past week He has lavished me with material, physical gifts. First of all, I received a package from my best friend Kira. She sent me all sorts of things - from chocolate to cough drops, pop-tarts to shampoo. Everything had little sticky notes on them, and it was a very fun package to open. She also sent me birthday gifts from my friends Krystina and Brittany. Then, on Saturday the senior girls had a sale to get rid of clothes and things that they don't need anymore. I got a few cute skirts and things for not very much money. But the most exciting purchase was a classy, long black dress that fits me just right. It was $10. That was truly a blessing from God, and I am SO excited to wear it sometime.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging about my possessions, because that's not the point of this post. The point is, God loves us. And God shows us His love in many different ways- through protecting us, guiding us, disciplining us... the list is inexhaustable. But sometimes God shows His love through gifts, and He did for me last week. Remember to thank God when He gives you gifts, and give gifts to others. God wants to use you to spread His love.

♥♥♥
Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment