Sunday, April 25, 2010

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

God is faithful. He got me through yet another week.

It's paper season, which means that there is plenty of schoolwork to keep me busy. Last week I had two papers, one article and a speech all due. It was difficult. I haven't been getting enough sleep and I've spent most of my time in my room studying. And I'm sorry to say, I haven't used this experience to God's full glory. I was (am?) tired, cranky, stressed, impatient and complaining. Of course I thought I had every right to be - I had so much to do, I had very little sleep, I had x, y and z to justify myself. But I was wrong. There is no justification for my attitude. God gave me last week as a gift, and I didn't realize it until halfway through the week. It was an opportunity to realize my weakness and God's strength.

It was also an opportunity to realize how I need others. I couldn't hole up in my room and with me, my schoolbooks and God make it through the week. I needed fellowship and encouragement from others. I had some great times at meals with friends and some late night talks. But the highlight of the week was seeing Peter Pan. Our theatre group has been working all semester on it, and the end result was fabulous. There was so much energy and talent. The choreography and scenery was creative. I just have to say it: this school is pretty incredible. :)

Oh and guess what? I'll be home in 2 and a half weeks! I only have are 1 paper, 1 speech and finals left. Can't wait to be home!

~Carissa

No comments:

Post a Comment